Size– If your HVAC system is not the right size, ask your heating and cooling services to check it. A properly sized system will have the capacity to meet the heating/cooling needs of your home.
If you have an outdoor HVAC System, make sure it is kept under shade, as this will help extend its life. Preventative maintenance is crucial for maintaining your heating/cooling unit. Make sure to have your services check the system every year to ensure that all the parts are working properly.
Faulty or failing system parts– something as simple as the thermostat sensor could cause major issues with your HVAC system. This sensor plays an important role in maintaining a comfortable temperature in your home.
me. The heating/cooling system will stop working properly if this sensor becomes faulty. If you have a faulty sensor, make sure to get the HVAC repair service from certified technicians. Many times it is the location of the sensor that is the source of the problem. For example, if the sensor is located in a small room, the set temperature is achieved faster and the cycle will come to a halt. This could affect the temperatures in the larger rooms.
Therefore, it will be best if the thermostat sensor is placed in a large room that is located close to the center of the building. The system turns on/off too frequently and consumes much more energy. There are two common problems that could arise due to a faulty thermostat:
- The system will increase your energy bills;
- The system will wear out faster.
So if your system faces are working irregularly and it keeps switching between cycles, get it checked by expert heat and air repair services.
- Congested or small ducts– Airflow is a common problem with many heating/cooling systems. The issue is often due to smaller ducts in certain parts. When the airflow is limited, it interferes with the performance of the system. So make sure that your unit is designed with properly sized ducts.
- Dirty or clogged filters– Similar to other systems, the filters play the same role in the case of heating and cooling systems. They keep out pollutants and contaminants out of the HVAC System’s airflow system. If filters are not checked and replaced, they could build-up debris and even harbor bacteria. This could adversely affect your unit by not only preventing it from working effectively but also by forcing it to work harder.
- Leaking or low refrigerant– Many times the root cause behind the AC repair is the leak of refrigerant. This can be caused due to several reasons, with the HVAC System’s excess vibration being one of them. If there has been leakage from within the condenser or evaporator coil, it cannot be repaired. But in other cases, the unit can be repaired after removing the refrigerant.
Most often lack of regular maintenance is the root cause of most heat and air repair problems. Periodic inspection and service can go a long way in preventing most of the problems. Preventative maintenance will also help in saving your money and extending the life of your heating and cooling system. So make sure to take proper care of your unit and you will be able to prevent most of the problems.
If the level of refrigerant falls, it is a sign that there is some issue or leakage. If this happens, the system will no longer cool like earlier. Rather than just refilling the refrigerant, it is recommended to get the leak identified and repaired. All such air conditioning repairs should be handled by certified technicians.